Thursday, September 18, 2008

MEMORIES OF MY MOM

On September 5th, my dad called to tell me that my mom had fallen. I went over to their home to help.  By that evening she was having some trouble breathing and had gotten really weak. I spent the night and the next afternoon we decided that she needed to be seen by her doctor.  In the Emergency room at Lake Granbury Medical Center, they decided that she had aspirated and the fluid was building up in her lungs. She was admitted to the medical/surgical floor that I work on. Everyone was so kind and caring to her.  She only spent 4 days there and was transferred to Harbor Lakes Rehab to try and get her strength back, so she could return home. She was doing well, but 2 days later her breathing became labored and raspy again. I spent the night on Monday and Tuesday morning I called my dad, at our house, and he came to the rehab. She peaceful and quietly passed, as my dad talked and held her. She was such a wonderful mother. She gave my sister and I a wonderful childhood. I can say that I don't think I would have changed anything about my childhood and the wonderful parents that I had. My mother was a great business woman. She worked at Dow Chemical, Pontiac dealership and than Midland Valley Travel, which she and my dad eventually bought. They were able to travel all over the world during this time.  My mother loved golf, travel and gardening, especially growing roses. I will always remember her love of her grandchildren and great grandchildren. She loved being around them and they loved her. We all traveled to Midland, Michigan, where she was laid to rest at Memorial Gardens on M-30. She had many wonderful friends and family. There were at least 100 people  who came to say good-bye one last time. We will all miss your sweet smile. Good-bye mom, until later. Love Peg 

1 comment:

The Martone Memories said...

She was a great Grandmother and we miss her already!